Saturday, December 08, 2012

Love in times of Pride and Prejudice


I’ve always heard about "Pride and Prejudice", the TV series, the movie, and the book. I've never took much interest in it until this past week. At class, we saw the 1st chapter of the TV series made in 1995, starred by a quite young Colin Firth. Later that week, I decided to see it entirely and loved it.
The first thing I analyzed was how simple life was. You needed a courtyard, some animals and a roof above you head and you were just fine. Could you be satisfied with that today? I, personally, always wanted to have that near my hometown. To have a plot of land, some animals, cultivate my own food. Real food! A radio for some music, and listen the sound of the wind and rain against my windows. I guess it would be more or less utopic. Hermits don’t make it today. What a pity!

Of course, there’s always something you won’t like. People. THE people. That kind of people that think they have the right to look down on you. Shame on them. Sadly, they still haven’t extinguished.

There was one thing I really enjoyed… LOVE! It was so poetic, full of hope and worked upon. Well, the real love, not the arranged ones. Although, those arranged marriages tried hard to make it work. You wouldn’t say that today. At the first problem “this is not working out” and bye-bye. Next, please. Back then, it was THE chance. If you weren’t in love, you just made it happen. And if you were, it was a relationship full of sincere respect and care. Who wouldn’t like that? I know I would.


2 comments:

  1. My family has a vast fortune of jewels and and diverse companies related to technology. What do you think? We can make it happen! jijiji

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a word of Mr. Darcy?? Personally I think he is THE perfect man of all time. Like a friend told me: "If you read Jean Austen and meet Darcy, you'll never be able to find the perfect guy".

    ReplyDelete